Friday, August 20, 2021

Most Wanted Posters - Friday


~Away From Home For A While~

I miss talking to her, hundreds of miles away
sitting in the sands where the palm trees sway
But I don’t know what she’s thinking
as the minutes melt each day
because I miss talking to her
and hearing the cute things her lips say

I miss hearing her voice, when we talk at night
sitting at a desk by a low dimmed light
But I don’t know what she’s thinking
as my loneliness wraps tight
because I miss hearing her voice
so sweet so calming so bright

I miss laughing with her and just feeling better
because we talk about everything when we are together
But I don’t know what she’s thinking
or if she even remembers
that she makes me feel good about myself
when we laugh so much together

I wonder if she misses me, away from home for a while
because I miss her heartwarming smile
But I don’t know how she feels
since it is too late to dial
but I wonder if she misses me
away from home for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment