Friday, July 24, 2015

Famous Art 2; Personal Art 3


Standing Nude with Veil ; 1928 ; Jan Sluijters

This is the second famous painting that I chose to draw because I wanted to see how I did with the female body. Also, the allure of the subject's red hair, intoxicating my dreams and states of consciousness, and my yearning to gaze into the eyes she holds closed, I thought drawing it might help me overcome my obsession with the piece. But alas, I was incorrect, because after spending even more time with the painting as I drew it, my fantasies grew deeper, more vivid. Below is my rendition of the painting, using an eraser and a regular pencil:


I know I didn't capture her expression or her rosy, plump cheeks, but I enjoyed this experience immensely; also, this was only my second attempt at drawing anything, so I was personally pleased. My first drawing was of the Girl with a Pearl Earring.

No comments:

Post a Comment