Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Favorite Songs 13


Romeo And Juliet; The Killers; Live From Abbey Road and Sawdust, 2007

I know the steadfast Dire Straits fans out there will probably berate me for posting this song under a covered version, but I was initially exposed to The Killers' version before I ever heard the original; however, as for the original, it lacks the power and emotion this covered version is riddled with throughout. Also, from this covered version, I seem to sense a more universal theme being explored, such as the "Juliet" subject transcending the traditional love story, becoming whatever it is in our lives which we deem as unattainable. This is one of the few songs in my library which I can listen to over and over and never be desensitized of its beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment