Sunday, September 5, 2021

Most Wanted Posters - Sunday


~My Blue Light Special~

I'm writing this in a weird style
not really worrying about its form
because I'm just trying to tell someone
how happy I am they were born
It's not a complicated concept
so no big words are needed
It's not a shock too strong to handle
so I won't ask you to be seated
Okay, you might want to sit down
so I changed my mind—I'm allowed to
But there is someone so special to me
that she turns my gray skies blue
And no matter what the weather
rain, snow, or sleet
As long as she is in my life
the sun will shine complete
I know these words are overused
and have no fancy meaning hidden
But she makes my life so simple
I sure hope you're sitting
I don't know what I would do
if she was ever not there
I would probably join a carnival show
and never cut my hair
I hope she knows these things
because I mean them all
And I know this is corny
but it can't be worse than a man named Paul
I just felt like telling her,
that she means more to me than words could ever convey
it's senseless to try
so thank you for shopping at K-Mart, have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment