Sunday, November 12, 2023

Most Wanted Posters - Sunday


~Best Friend At Best~

I will never stand there,
with all eyes on her,
pledging my devotion
to keep her secure.

Bubbles will never tickle
or mix with my tears.
I’ll never have the chance
to scare away her fears.
My purpose is as a pillow,
to remain safe and soft,
creating a feeling of comfort
when happiness is lost.

Then she will lift her head,
to make room for another.
A new heart will lay
as my feelings get pushed under.

Because it is my calling,
my duty, my right,
to be the catalyst of love
for another man’s sight.

I give them my wisdom,
my understanding, my hope.
I meet them dirty and confused
to give them my directional soap.

I must accept my place;
I’m a blink, not a stare.
Remembering my time-limit,
when it’s up, they don’t care.

Most people don’t know 
their purpose, their task,
and if you need my services
you just have to ask.

I can’t turn you down;
I have to say yes.
I must embrace my role,
as best friend at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment