Friday, January 22, 2021

Most Wanted Posters - Friday


Most of the time I consider myself a pretty good judge of human body language and facial expressions, interpreting the subtleness behind each gesture or bend and crinkle of the eye and cheek muscles, but this young lady’s countenance is baffling me. Is she smirking knowingly? Or demonstrating surprise? Is she attempting to flirt with the pursing of her lips? Or is she simply just communicating an obvious attempt to seductively or angrily silence someone?

Try it yourself. Stare at this picture for a few minutes, moving from her eyes to her mouth to her cheek bones, out to a full view, and repeat. You’ll soon see her expression begins to change and frustrate your perceptions. And even as I am typing this random blurb, I noticed another possibility: Is she quizzically thinking, searching her mind for an answer? Maybe she’s just reflecting my perplexed and furrowed brow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment