Monday, August 12, 2024

Most Wanted Posters - Monday


~before I already say i do~

she was all i thought about in my life at one time
and i prayed for her loving kiss to be mine.
i dreamt about her night and day
and took those visions as a sign,
that our love would sweeten and age
like a bottle of home-stilled wine.
we grew up together and we grew close.
our friendship blossomed like a dew covered rose;
but we each had our thorns and
we each had our dose
of fights and arguments,
where touches suddenly froze.
we talked about an us many times before
and always kept a candle burning through an unlatched door;
but she could never handle or admit
the love her heart wore.
so she stayed clothed by her fear
and her unhappiness grew more.
my bedtime prayers belonged to her when i was a child
because i was so in love with her mystical smile.
i have to say they still belong to her now
because of her sexy and passionate style;
but time could be the death of these prayers
as long as her free heart stays wild.
“i have to let her have her fun,” i say,
where the bases are empty and the other boys play,
because i’ll be strong enough to hold on
since i’ve lived most of my life this way
with the dream and the hope
that she would realize someday.
she wants me to understand that she’s not asking me to wait;
that she’ll take that chance and tempt our fate.
she’ll let it go now because she’s not ready,
but my only fear is that she’ll be too late
and my love will forever be still
without my lasting soul mate.
i wonder if she ever thinks of these things too,
or is my name just a feeling that runs on cue?
am i on her mind like she says i am
or are her thoughts of me rather few?
i pray she answers these questions someday.
hopefully, before i already say i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment