Sunday, August 28, 2022

Most Wanted Posters - Sunday


~Nomad Of A Dream~

I travel across the mountains,
valleys,…and plains.
The canyons call cautiously to her spirit,
hissing the hills into song.
Bur her ears are too virtuous to hear it,
so her pulsating being resonates along.

I tear at my insides, pushing;
pulling; stretching
my lust to its outer confines.
Safeguarding my last breath
for her alter, my only retreat.
Only to find a chalice
filled with unaroused wine.

Searching, seeking, probing
the limits of my zeal,
I attack the demons that plague my hunger.
Her lyrics and her alluring hymn
shatter my resistance and
enkindle her aura to linger.

I can no longer eat
like a normal creature,
I feed from her burning blisters of desire.
Her vision is my only inkling of life
that has survived love’s unflagging fire
and obsession’s narcissistic knife.

Can beauty be so healing
that it vanishes the venom
that surges through my veins
from the snakes of the past?
Her lips hold the names
of the cures I need—
a long kiss, an easy task.

The road to her heart is rocky and uneven,
but you must learn the grace you chose.
Her path is filled with pricks and thorns
like the stem of a newly reaped rose.

I will survive the bruises and the scars,
but only since her flower is so precious
and her days of life will live forever.
It’s hard to say if this feeble man
will ever find the seed to grow his plan
of withering and dying together.

One dream is for certain,
her soul will remain behind a cautious curtain,
until her kiss is given toward.
I will hunt for her face
until the minstrel of my heart
plays his last cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment