Monday, October 26, 2015

Favorite Screen - Written Characters 7


"Rocky Balboa" ; Sylvester Stallone ; Rocky Series, 1976, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1990, 2006, 2015, 2018

"Who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league...It don't matter, 'cause I was nobody before...I was nobody. That don't matter either, ya know...It really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed. And if I can go that distance, ya see, and that bell rings, ya know, and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, ya see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

No matter how melodramatic you believe the "Rocky" character has become over the years, no matter how obvious it is he's going to win, you still find yourself cheering, tingling all over...

No matter how overdone the "Rocky-can't-do-his-best-until-Adrian-gives-him-her-blessing" scene has become, you know you still eagerly anticipate her "kick-ass" words and the awesome workout music to follow...

No matter how many times Rocky beats the odds and ends up a winner, we still cheer for him on the inside...

Why? Because we all want our "Rocky" moment, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment